Brittney Danas was born and raised in Virginia Beach. Her passionate drive to be a wedding planner started at a very early age. She felt the calling the moment she walked down the aisle as a flower girl in her mom’s wedding. She got her start in the wedding industry at the Beach Club at Duck Inn when she was 17 years old. Brittney has worked for a local photographer as well as a highly regarded event catering company in Virginia Beach, but found herself at home as an associate wedding planner at Emily Weddings in 2011. Brittney’s vast knowledge of the event industry, fashion trends, all things DIY and southern style is a huge asset to Emily Weddings, Inc and each bride that she serves! Brittney is in the process of becoming a licensed coordinator through The Association of Bridal Consultants and earning the designation of Professional Bridal Consultant. She is a member of the Association of Bridal Consultants. Brittney is a Certified Sandals Specialist. Book a vacation from Brittney with the links below. Email Brittney with any questions.
Picture by David Schwartz Photography
Picture by Amanda Manupella Photography
10 Fun Things About Brittney
1. I was the first girl born in over 100 years on my father’s side of the family. I am rocking blue jean overalls in my newborn pictures because of this!
2. I have the nickname “Ace” because I was born at 11:11am on 11/1/83 (8+3=11)
and was the first grandchild on both sides of my family.
3. I had jaw surgery when I was a teen and have 3 metal plates and screws in my face. I think cartilage may have been removed from the tip of my nose during surgery because it is now hollow and feels like a clown nose if you squeeze it!
4. I can fold my tongue into what looks like a 3 leaf clover.
5. I met my husband when I was a teen and married him young. We have been
having a blast doing married life together for over 10 years! We have 2 awesome
boys who were both the exact same weight when they were born. 6lbs 14oz.
6. I love black licorice. I will buy the bags of black jelly beans at Easter and love Good
and Plentys! I always have candy in my bag on event days! :o)
7. I have traced my family back to living in Virginia Beach (Princess Anne County) to
the early 1800’s. I love genealogy, learning about my ancestors and thinking about
how they lived life! I am definitely an “old soul.” Antiquing is a hobby of mine.
8. Summer is my favorite season; the beach is in my blood! Besides our local beaches
I grew up spending my summers on the beaches of the Outer Banks, NC. My husband
and I enjoy exploring with our boys and teaching them the ways of the watermen.
We are also a bit obsessed with searching for sharks teeth and sea glass; our
collection is getting quite big! If you get to know me well, you will find out that I
have a major love for all things coastal.
9. I love arts and crafts. I usually have more than one project going on at a time and
love learning and trying new things. I especially love refinishing furniture. I would
love to learn the art of stained glass next.
10. Home renovation is a major passion of mine. I love breathing new life into