Carrie Fry has her BA degree in Communications. She has spent many years coordinating parties and special events for different organizations and groups with her first Emily Weddings event dating back to 2005. Carrie’s attention to detail and keen organizational skills makes her a great addition to the Emily Weddings Team. Carrie is in the process of becoming a licensed coordinator through The Association of Bridal Consultants and earning the designation of Professional Bridal Consultant. She is a member of the Association of Bridal Consultants.
Picture by Amanda Manupella Photography
10 Fun Things About Carrie
1. I was born and raised in the Adirondack Mountains of New York. I love snow and all
things winter…(except snowboarding. I broke my right arm into five pieces trying that
one). Downhill skiing, cross country skiing, sledding, ice skating, snow shoeing are all
fun! I love living at the beach, but you can’t take the mountains out of the girl, even
when the girl leaves the mountains. 🙂 I love the smell of fresh cut wood. Reminds me
of home. I might be known to walk down the wood aisle of Home Depot just to catch a
sniff. Don’t judge me. It reminds me of the forest after it rains.
2. I spent a month in Russia on an exchange program with Young Life when I was only
15. On our layover in Paris on our way home, we missed the last train back to the
airport for the night after exploring the city and ended up sleeping on a park bench in Paris
until the trains started running again in early morning. Lots of cool stories from that trip!
3. Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes drive me bonkers. I love a red pen!
4. I love burning scented candles. There is one burning on my mantle almost daily. It
drives my husband crazy because all he sees is the soot mark on the ceiling, but
secretly I think he likes the homey atmosphere it creates.
5. I could live forever on blueberries, guacamole and brie.
6. I love comfortable and cozy! Yoga pants, blankets, shirts with thumb holes, fireplaces,
etc. When my husband and I bought our new vehicle I had to make sure I could
comfortably ride with my feet on the dash board. Its my go-to position as a passenger.
7. I hate cockroaches with a primal passion. I have woken my husband up in the middle
of the night, on more than one occasion, to kill them. I don’t mind spiders or snakes, but
if the bug has an exoskeleton, it grosses me out. Maybe it’s the crunch, I don’t know.
There was one over-persistent cockroach that still gives me the heebie-jeebies.
8. I love sports and being active! Before kids, you would find me on the indoor or beach
volleyball court three times a week and I look forward to getting back on the court as my
children get bigger. I especially love my feet in the sand, sun on my skin and friendly
9. My family heritage is Dutch. My grandparents lived in Rotterdam during WWII. They
snuck food to the Jews and watched their neighbors taken away. Oma (Grandma) once
chased a German soldier with a broom for getting handsy with her milkmaid! (Maybe I
get my spunk from her! ) My grandparents emigrated to the US in 1950, on a boat,
through New York City with my dad and uncle in the traditional immigration story. They
lived the history we only read about. Oma lived to 99 1/2 years old and is hands down
one of my favorite people.
10. I love planning, weddings and my EWT girls! I mean, who wouldn’t want to be a
part of the best day of someone’s life! We have an incredible team of awesome ladies
who genuinely love each other and love doing what it takes to make people’s dreams
come true. I once finished a wedding at midnight and gave birth to my first child a few
hours later. All in a day’s work! I feel so blessed to be able to do what I do with amazing
Bonus: Toilet paper – OVER! You know you have an opinion!