A true creative, Emily Petersen’s background and upbringing was in entertainment. She has performed on nationally televised talent shows, provided vocals for studio recordings, performed at Hard Rock Live, and was an Equity Walt Disney World singer and performer for many years. At Disney, her bold personality, contagious smile, and vocal prowess landed her a lead role in performing for approximately 6,000 guests on a daily basis. This background provided a wealth of opportunity to explore the logistics of production, which lead into her current passion of planning and executing world-class events as owner and president of Emily Weddings, Inc.
Emily is a member of the Association of Bridal Consultants and received her Professional Bridal Consultant Status through the Association Of Bridal Consultants, graduating with Distinguished Honors. She is a Certified Sandals Specialist and you can book your dream vacation below by following the links or emailing her at email@example.com
Her award-winning event planning business located in Virginia Beach, VA presently consists of a staff of eight professional associates. Her company was inducted into the Hall Of Fame for The Knot Best Of Weddings in 2013. They are the recipients of The Knot Best Of Weddings 2010-2017, the Bride’s Choice Award 2009-2017, and the 2013 Best of Virginia Beach Award. They can be seen in The Knot, Style Me Pretty, Limn and Lovely, Glamour and Grace, The Virginian-Pilot, Vow Magazine, Virginia Living Magazine, Tidewater and Tulle, and more. They have had the distinct honor of working with many talented wedding professionals, recently highlighted by renowned photographer Jose Villa, widely regarded as a top-10 wedding photographer in the world.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her three children and husband while still embracing her love for singing and performing.
Picture by Amanda Manupella Photography
10 Fun Things About Emily
For those of you that know me well, you know I’m pretty much an open book (ask me anything). For those that are meeting me for the first time, here are a few things about me you may find fun.
1. My husband and I met and married in less than 9 months (set up by my identical twin sister). We have such an amazing story (just ask)!! We have been married for over 11 years. He is my strength, my support system, my joy, my love, and one pretty incredible dad to our 3 kiddos.
2. I hate spiders…I mean HATE them. My husband thinks it’s a bit funny how much I hate them.
3. I am NOT a morning person (I still force myself out of bed at 6am most mornings though). In fact, it’s probably best for me to have coffee before we chit chat.
4. Michael Buble asked me to marry him one night while we were hanging out on his tour…this is a great story (again, just ask me about it).
5. My twin sister and I beat the Los Lonely Boys in a televised singing competition in 2000. (we spent two weeks in Hawaii competing and filming.)
6. I own the piano that Mandy Moore played in the movie “A Walk To Remember”. I LOVE playing my piano!! It was built in the early 1900s.
7. I will get out of bed in the middle of the night to tuck the covers back in tightly. I can’t sleep if they come untucked….I know…this also makes my husband laugh.
8. For some reason my family members are usually the first to the scene when accidents happen. We all function well with adrenaline. We have held someone’s head until Life Flight landed, we called 911 and stayed with two people in the middle of the interstate who crashed their motorcycle after going over 100 MPH (they both lived). We have broken a window out of an overturned vehicle to pull the driver out. We have chased a getaway car after they robbed a store and ran over a police officer then stayed with them until the police could catch up and taker over the chase. My family won an award from the city of Orlando for that last one. We have a bunch of stories like these. Crazy…I know!
9. I got paid to play everyday for many years while singing at Walt Disney World. Made great friends and had tons of fun!
10. Our family has been thrown some curveballs in life, but we keep tickin’. Our daughter, at 3 months of age, was diagnosed with infant botulism (no, she didn’t eat honey). Doctors say we will never know how she got it… and that most likely she swallowed a dust particle that contained the botulism spore. She was given the anti-toxin and after two weeks in the hospital and intubated, she made a full recovery. Exactly one year later, our then 8 year old son was diagnosed with kidney cancer (Wilm’s Tumor). He went through surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy, and kicked cancer’s tail. Our family has been supported by our community every step of the way, and Emily Weddings, Inc never skipped a beat. To say we are blessed is an understatement. We are on an incredible journey!