1. I was born and raised in Northern Virginia. Living 30 minutes outside DC I had some pretty cool field trips!
2. Parents retired from 30+ year government careers and moved from the suburbs to purchase a 10-acre property in Charlottesville, VA. They are loving a more relaxed, community based lifestyle in the mountains! I love visiting and checking out the countless wineries in the fall.
3. Many people are surprised to learn I was a competitive cheerleader for 9 years. I loved it! We travelled the country year-round competing and won several National Championships.
4. I legitimately love cleaning and organizing. Instant gratification.
5. My brother is in the Peace Corps, living in a small rural village in Cambodia. I recently visited him and met his host family there (who speaks NO English). It was quite the experience! I got to see how he has been living the past year and a half, and how he has been making a difference in their community as a public health volunteer.
6. I could live on Chipotle, sushi, and Italian food.
7. A year after I graduated from Old Dominion, two friends and I left our jobs, friends, and family to move to Charleston, SC. With no jobs lined up and not knowing a soul who lived there, it was quite the leap! We stayed there just under two years and loved it!
8. Apart from Emily Weddings, I get to help men and women get great skin with my Rodan + Fields business I began in 2015. It is one of the most empowering, fun and positive influences in my life.
9. Before I moved to Charleston, I worked at Maya Couture Bridal Salon in Norfolk helping brides find their dream wedding gown, bridesmaid dresses and tuxedos. As well as being an associate for Emily Weddings, I now work at Priveé Bride of Ghent, also under House of Maya. I have a passion for styling brides in the most breath-taking and elegant attire to match their unique taste and personality. Helping a woman feel her absolute best for her wedding day is beyond rewarding and I truly LOVE what I do!
10. Emily Weddings is unlike any of team of women I have been a part of. Each of us bring a different skill-set and personality to the group dynamic. We are each other’s biggest cheerleaders and work seamlessly together towards the same goal- to make the couple’s day exactly how they imagined it to be.