The original Emily and bosslady of the office. She’s sung her way to the top and doesn’t miss a beat when when the unexpected happens. She harkens back to her Disney World days to make sure that every wedding is as smooth as it is special, and is always available to support her clients or team when things crescendo out of control. Her life is a grand adventure, and she’s the kind of lady you want in your life. Michael Buble thinks so too–he even proposed to her once!
10 Fun Things About Emily
- My husband and I met and married in less than 9 months (set up by my identical twin sister). We have such an amazing story (just ask)!! We have been married for over 11 years. He is my strength, my support system, my joy, my love, and one pretty incredible dad to our 3 kiddos.
- I hate spiders…I mean HATE them. My husband thinks it’s a bit funny how much I hate them.
- I am NOT a morning person (I still force myself out of bed at 6am most mornings though). In fact, it’s probably best for me to have coffee before we chit chat.
- Michael Buble asked me to marry him one night while we were hanging out on his tour…this is a great story (again, just ask me about it).
- My twin sister and I beat the Los Lonely Boys in a televised singing competition in 2000. (we spent two weeks in Hawaii competing and filming.)
- I own the piano that Mandy Moore played in the movie “A Walk To Remember”. I LOVE playing my piano!! It was built in the early 1900s.
- I will get out of bed in the middle of the night to tuck the covers back in tightly. I can’t sleep if they come untucked….I know…this also makes my husband laugh.
- For some reason my family members are usually the first to the scene when accidents happen. We all function well with adrenaline. We have held someone’s head until Life Flight landed, we called 911 and stayed with two people in the middle of the interstate who crashed their motorcycle after going over 100 MPH (they both lived). We have broken a window out of an overturned vehicle to pull the driver out. We have chased a getaway car after they robbed a store and ran over a police officer then stayed with them until the police could catch up and taker over the chase. My family won an award from the city of Orlando for that last one. We have a bunch of stories like these. Crazy…I know!
- I got paid to play everyday for many years while singing at Walt Disney World. Made great friends and had tons of fun!
- Our family has been thrown some curveballs in life, but we keep tickin’. Our daughter, at 3 months of age, was diagnosed with infant botulism (no, she didn’t eat honey). Doctors say we will never know how she got it… and that most likely she swallowed a dust particle that contained the botulism spore. She was given the anti-toxin and after two weeks in the hospital and intubated, she made a full recovery. Exactly one year later, our then 8 year old son was diagnosed with kidney cancer (Wilm’s Tumor). He went through surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy, and kicked cancer’s tail. Our family has been supported by our community every step of the way, and Emily Weddings, Inc never skipped a beat. To say we are blessed is an understatement. We are on an incredible journey!