Karen’s cheerful personality can make the most stressful moments serene, and she’s our resident bridal gown expert. Taffeta or tulle, she can repair it with her tool bag of tricks. She’ll help you get glowing for the big day with her skincare expertise, and can give you tips on all the best local wine to source for your wedding.
10 Fun Facts About Karen
- I was born and raised in Northern Virginia. Living 30 minutes outside DC I had some pretty cool field trips!
- Parents retired from 30+ year government careers and moved from the suburbs to purchase a 10-acre property in Charlottesville, VA. They are loving a more relaxed, community based lifestyle in the mountains! I love visiting and checking out the countless wineries in the fall.
- Many people are surprised to learn I was a competitive cheerleader for 9 years. I loved it! We travelled the country year-round competing and won several National Championships.
- I legitimately love cleaning and organizing. Instant gratification.
- My brother is in the Peace Corps, living in a small rural village in Cambodia. I recently visited him and met his host family there (who speaks NO English). It was quite the experience! I got to see how he has been living the past year and a half, and how he has been making a difference in their community as a public health volunteer.
- I could live on Chipotle, sushi, and Italian food.
- A year after I graduated from Old Dominion, two friends and I left our jobs, friends, and family to move to Charleston, SC. With no jobs lined up and not knowing a soul who lived there, it was quite the leap! We stayed there just under two years and loved it!
- Apart from Emily Weddings, I get to help men and women get great skin with my Rodan + Fields business I began in 2015. It is one of the most empowering, fun and positive influences in my life.
- Before I moved to Charleston, I worked at Maya Couture Bridal Salon in Norfolk helping brides find their dream wedding gown, bridesmaid dresses and tuxedos. As well as being an associate for Emily Weddings, I now work at Priveé Bride of Ghent, also under House of Maya. I have a passion for styling brides in the most breath-taking and elegant attire to match their unique taste and personality. Helping a woman feel her absolute best for her wedding day is beyond rewarding and I truly LOVE what I do!
- Emily Weddings is unlike any of team of women I have been a part of. Each of us bring a different skill-set and personality to the group dynamic. We are each other’s biggest cheerleaders and work seamlessly together towards the same goal- to make the couple’s day exactly how they imagined it to be.