Rachel’s planned everything from mega-celebrity events to intimate family weddings and knows how to make each everything you want it to be. Her favorite events are one that make someone’s dream come true (especially if there’s cake involved!). She knows the best-kept secrets in Hawaii and Florida, and she’ll share her secrets so that you get just want you want without the crowds.
10 Fun Things About Rachel
- I am a total dog lover but I am obsessed with one breed in particular… Bichon Frise’s. I have no idea why, I’ve just always liked them a lot. It started when I was a little girl (about 10) and I saw one in a pet shop (I know, don’t buy from pet shops!) and begged my mom to let me have her. Since then my whole family has only had Bichon’s. And no more pet shops. We get our pets from rescue organizations.
- My husband and I met through my hair dresser. I was getting my hair done and complaining about not finding any good guys and she said, “I know a perfect guy for you but unfortunately he is dating somebody right now.” Luckily about 3 weeks later that relationship ended and my hairdresser set us up on a blind date (that she actually attended as well) at Tortilla West in Norfolk. We hit it off and the rest is history!
- I have a 3 year old son who keeps me hopping. Before having kids there were so many things that I said “I will never do when I have kids”. Never drive a minivan, never let them drink soda, never let them sleep in my bed, etc. The list goes on! I can say, I have done all of the above and then some!
- I will only go in water that I can see my feet. I am a picky gal when it comes to beaches. I have been fortunate enough to visit some pretty incredible beaches. It now scares me out to go in water that I can’t see my feet.
- When I was attending college in Florida, my parents lived in Hawaii so I got to spend all of my college breaks and summers in Hawaii. THAT WAS THE LIFE!
- I was a color guard gal in high school and college! Yes, I was in the marching band. It was a lot of fun, especially in college at the big games.
- I worked in Disney World for a semester in college at Epcot. I got to show people future products that IBM created. I still can’t believe that was my job because I’m not a “techie” person at all but I loved getting to learn the behind the scenes at such a magical place!
- My dad was a Navy Diver so as a child, I moved around quite a bit and got to see and experience some cool stuff. I’ve lived in California twice, Virginia twice, Florida twice, and visited Hawaii quite often!
- I took 6-7 years of piano lessons when I was a child and haven’t played for years. I really want to learn again!
- I have a total sweet tooth. And yes, it gets me in trouble!