Brittney is the go-to gal at Emily Weddings for all things beach related. She’s loved weddings her whole life, and she especially loves marriage. Getting to orchestrate the details of a wedding so that a couple can focus on what matters most makes her heart sing with joy.
10 Fun Things About Brittney
- I was the first girl born in over 100 years on my father’s side of the family. I am rocking blue jean overalls in my newborn pictures because of this!
- I have the nickname “Ace” because I was born at 11:11am on 11/1/83 (8+3=11) and was the first grandchild on both sides of my family.
- I had jaw surgery when I was a teen and have 3 metal plates and screws in my face. I think cartilage may have been removed from the tip of my nose during surgery because it is now hollow and feels like a clown nose if you squeeze it! Weird!!
- I can fold my tongue into what looks like a 3 leaf clover.
- I met my husband when I was a teen and married him young. We have been having a blast doing married life together for over 10 years! We have 2 awesome boys who were both the exact same weight when they were born. 6lbs 14oz.
- I love black licorice. I will buy the bags of black jelly beans at Easter and love Good and Plentys! I always have candy in my bag on event days! :o)
- I have traced my family back to living in Virginia Beach (Princess Anne County) to the early 1800’s. I love genealogy, learning about my ancestors and thinking about how they lived life! I am definitely an “old soul.” Antiquing is a hobby of mine.
- Summer is my favorite season; the beach is in my blood! Besides our local beaches I grew up spending my summers on the beaches of the Outer Banks, NC. My husband and I enjoy exploring with our boys and teaching them the ways of the watermen. We are also a bit obsessed with searching for sharks teeth and sea glass; our collection is getting quite big! If you get to know me well, you will find out that I have a major love for all things coastal.
- I love arts and crafts. I usually have more than one project going on at a time and love learning and trying new things. I especially love refinishing furniture. I would love to learn the art of stained glass next.
- Home renovation is a major passion of mine. I love breathing new life into homes!